Sunday, October 9, 2011

A Visit to Great Grandma and Grandpa Blackburn in Salt Lake

 

For Labor Day weekend we headed up to cooler weather with Grandma and Grandpa Blackburn to see Great Grandma and Grandpa Blackburn.  They were very excited to have us come and visit.  When I called Grandma and asked her if we could come for Labor Day she told me of course and then said, “I don’t know when that is, but it is fine.”  So I told her the dates that we would come. Emily did very well in the car on the way up.  She loves having Grandma Blackburn’s I-PAD to watch Olivia on – she even dances to the music it is so cute!!

P1010697

While we were there Brady Moffitt had a football game so we headed over to watch him play.  Here is Emily keeping her Dad and Grandpa in shape having them chase her around the field.  Emily loved being at the game, she didn’t see any of it, but she had a blast running all over the place.  And Allison was so good about running with her and keeping an eye on her for us!!

P1010708

After the game we headed back over to Great Grandma and Grandpa’s house where we were visited by more family and some of them brought fun toys to be played with.  Here is Allison, Kylee, April and Emily playing!

P1010715

Aunt Janette came up to see and Emily loved to drink from her Camelback container and of course Aunt Janette loved to share it with her.

P1010717

Here is Grandpa playing with girls and all the blocks.  His tower was very knocked over by Allison in a very clever way!

P1010718

Here are the girls enjoying Olivia on the I-PAD.  I swear this could keep Emily busy for hours and hours!

P1010720

Great Grandma and Emily loved to hang out on the sing on the deck – meanwhile Great Grandma would feed her some snacks!

P1010724

Emily was trying to help Grandpa do the dishes, such a clean child.P1010734

When we go to my Grandma’s house I always get shrimp – I LOVE my Grandma’s fried shrimp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I just can’t get enough and Grandma is always so willing to make it for me!!  Here is Grandma slaving away in the kitchen making us shrimp.  This is a staple when we visit SLC.  Along with going to Chic-Fil-A, Sconecutter, and Artic Cirle (Mmmmm a Cherry Ricky sure sounds good right now)!P1010740

Great Grandma and Emily.

P1010742

Great Grandpa and Emily.

P1010746

Cousins having fun together.

P1010755

I told you Olivia could keep her busy for hours, here she is watching it again!!P1010761

My Uncle Jim restored this car and brought it over for all of us to see it and Emily wanted to take it for a drive.  She at least got to honk the horn.P1010773

Matt, Anjali and Maddy joined us for the last day of our trip and stayed for a few days after we left.  Here is Maddy, Emily, Great Grandpa, Great Grandpa and me.  I love these pictures!!

P1010774

Here are my cute Grandparents, I love when we have a chance to get to go up and see them.  I wish we could go more.

P1010783

Here is our family with my Grandma and Grandpa.  We sure love you Grandma and Grandpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment