Sunday, October 30, 2011

Silverstone Ward Trunk or Treat

Our ward had their Annual Trunk or Treat this weekend.  We had a chili cook off and a corn bread cook off with it.  I made a pot of chili for the show and we took some candy down to the church.  I am sad to say that we did not decorate our car (there was just too much going on this weekend for me to figure out something for that too).  So, we just handed out candy.  Marisa, Christian, Elon, Sierra and Austin joined us for the party.  There was so much to do at the party.  There was the chili and corn bread along with popcorn, games, cotton candy, line dancing, face painting and cotton candy (Emily LOVED the cotton candy – just like her Mommy).  Fun was had by all.  The kids were all really good about looking out for each other.  Christian and Elon helped me hand out candy at the car, so that I would not be all by myself there while the others went and got candy!  Christian was dressed as the Marshmallow man from Ghost Busters and EVERYBODY loved his costume.  We had people asking if they could have their picture taken with him and everybody wanted to touch it to see what it was like.  It was really funny.  In one of the pictures below I posed with his mask on (I smiled for the picture and  then realized that nobody could see it, oops!).  Emily was a lady bug, and a darn cute one at that…..  I made her tutu, sewed some bows on a red shirt, converted a pair of pink fairy wings (from the $1 section at Target) to red and sewed bows on those too, and hooked pipe cleaners to a headband and made some yarn puffs as the antennae (it turned out cute – I think at least), oh and we used the really cute tights that Grandma Trevino got her that are black sparkle tights.  Emily got lots of compliments and had TONS of fun with her cousins – she can’t wait for Halloween night!!  October 30, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment