Saturday, June 12, 2010

Emily's Blessing Sunday; April 11, 2010

Emily Marie Trevino was blessed on Sunday; April 11, 2010 in the Silverstone Ward of the Tule Springs Steak in Las Vegas, Nevada by her Uncle Matthew Lee Blackburn. I asked Uncle Matt if would bless Emily and he said yes! Matt had not had this opportunity yet and I thought that it would be neat for him to do it and I knew that Grandpa Blackburn would not mind Uncle Matt doing it - I am so glad that he was willing to do it. I also thought that this would be neat for Emily, thank you Uncle Matt for being so willing to do it.

Emily's blessing dress was a struggle for her mommy. I wanted it to be just right and I really hope that it is what Emily will appreciate one of these days. We had this beautiful dress that I actually picked out one of the times we were in Mexico for Maddy. Maddy did not end up using it but Katelee did use it and Aunt Hilary was very willing to share it with us. I worried that it was way too big, Emily is such a tiny thing that I worried that she would slip right out of our hands wearing it (I know, I am a first time mom and I realize that this is really unlikely however that is what I was worried about). So, I was contemplating what to do when Grandma Blackburn found the dress that I was blessed in. This dress has stood the test of time quite well, just yellowing slightly. My struggle with using this dress was I didn't know if later in life Emily would think that this was neat or just think that it was silly. So, when Grandma Blackburn sent me a picture of a really cute dress that she saw at Dillards that was reasonably priced, I told her to get it. That is the dress that we used for Baby Emily's blessing - I hope you like it little angel.

While we were getting Emily dressed for her big day Grandma and Grandpa Trevino got to the house. Shortly after that Grandma and Grandpa Blackburn arrived with Uncle Matt, Aunt Anjali and Maddy. So, we were able to get pictures before we left for church. Good thing we did because Emily pooped all over her white dress right after we got home from the blessing, this was the first time that she "blew" through an outfit (now she does it multiple times a day).

Here is the happy little family on Emily's big day!

Here we are with Grandma and Grandpa Trevino and Grandma and Grandpa Blackburn.

Here is Emily with Uncle Matt, all ready for her blessing. After taking pictures we headed to church. There we were met by TONS of family and friends. Those who attended were: Grandma and Grandpa Trevino, Grandma and Grandpa Blackburn, Uncle Matt, Aunt Anjali, Maddy, Kathy Kundanani, Grandma Hybarger, Aunt Hilary, Uncle Chris, Ethan, Katelee, Aunt Lori, Uncle Evan, Aunt Marisa, Uncle Steffan, Elon, Sierra, Christian, Aunt RaNae, Uncle Jim, Tayler, Aunt LaRaine, Uncle Ben, Heidi, Kolby, Logan, Mason, Allie, Rylie, Jean and Andy Williamson, Jerry Wiese, and Brent Kamerath. Those that stood in the circle with Uncle Matt were: Grandpa Blackburn, Uncle Jim, Uncle Ben, Uncle Chris, Jerry Wiese, Kolby Kartchner, Jake McMahon, and Biship Prince. Uncle Matt gave you an amazing blessing Emily, in it he told you that your parents were very excited for your coming and he told you that you could come to your parents with any problem that you have becuase your parents have prepared for this opportunity. He told you that we are good parents and you have good examples all around you. He advised you to surround yourself with good friends that are good examples as well. He told you to be open minded to all religions and all beliefs, he told you that you are strong and that you could overcome any illness that you may have. He told you that you would be a good example to all that you meet. He blessed you that your father loves you very much and that you would find a great mate that will love you like her father loves your mom and that will treat you like the princess that you are. It was a beautiful blessing. I am so greatful for family and friends that are a good example to us and for the support that give to us. I am greatful to be a member of this church and for the wonderful things that I have learned by being a member. I am thankful everyday for the person that I have become by following our Savior's example and I hope that you discover these same feelings and blessings as you follow His example. We love you Emily.

2 comments:

  1. It was a great day! Thanks for letting us be there, we love you baby Emily and we are so excited to be in your life! And we love your mom and dad too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh Anna...I am so glad you are blogging!! The blessing was truly beautiful...both the baby and the words of the blessing!

    ReplyDelete