Friday, June 4, 2010

Emily is born March 15, 2010 at 2:22 a.m.

I woke up Sunday, March 14, 2010 around 6:00 a.m. and realized that I was having contractions. They were bad enough that they were keeping me awake and I did not want to keep Enrique awake, so I got up. I started doing things around the house, getting some things done for church. Then I started getting things together for baby Emily who was being induced on March 17th at 10:00 p.m. We already had Emily's bag ready but I began to realize that I might need my bag ready sooner than I thought. Enrique woke up around 10:00 and was going to start getting ready for church when I told him that I was having contractions and they were about 10 - 15 minutes apart. I then told him that we weren't going to church because I did not think that I would make it through, they were hurting too much and I knew that I was not going to be able to sit in the chairs at church. Enrique was pretty excited about this new piece of information . I decided that I was going to take a shower to help with the contractions. Well, Enrique sat in the bathroom while I was taking a shower so that he could time the contractions for me; meanwhile he was eating his ceral while he was sitting on the toilet timing contractions and calling all our family to tell them the progress. After I got done in the shower I started to clean the nursery and get the craft room ready for mom so that she would have somewhere to sleep when she would be staying the night with us. Enrique was vaccuming and running in to where I was so that he could time the contractions. Once we got all of that done we decided it was time to get something to eat. So we sat down and ate a little bit and then the contractions got really bad and were only a few minutes a part and that is when Enrique decided that we should head to the hospital. We got in the car and started driving to Summerlin Hospital and calling everyone on our way. We got to the hospital and they checked me and called the doctor. We didn't get to have Dr. Bartholomew deliver Emily because it was a weekend and we had to use the Dr. that was on call, Dr. Spoon. When the nurses called and gave him my stats he wanted me to go home and wait a bit and come back later; but the nurses gave me the option of staying a little longer to see how things progressed before I got clear home. They figured I would just be heading back anyway. Well, we got to the hospital about 4:00 p.m. and the nurse finally talked Dr. Spoon into admitting me. She came in and told me that she could tell when a woman was in labor and I was definately in labor, so I was admitted. I was glad because we had come to the hospital when they told us to and I was not sure how we would know when it was time to head back. They got me to the delivery room and we waited for the anesthesiologist to give me my drugs. I would not let anybody in the room until I had the epidural so this picture was taken when I would let everybody in the room. Enrique was so excited when I let others in the room because then he got a break. He had to fan me the whole time and I was squeezing his hand - and he even said that I hurt him a few of the times.
Everybody was pretty excited when they got to leave the waiting room and come into the delivery room for a change in scenery.








Here is everyone waiting in the waiting room. Dad doesn't even look comfortable sleeping on this couch.
Excited Grandma, Grandpa and Aunts.
More excited family members......I don't know if these smiles ever left their faces. Matt had to take Dad home before Emily was born so they were not there when she was born. Matt was sick until he got the call that Emily was here all right - see Emily had gone to the bathroom before she was born so they were going to take her NICU once she was born. So, Matt knew some of this and he was worried about both of us and he worried so much it made him sick.
Daddy is always funny and he loves football so here is the pose, he is waiting to catch Emily.

She came into the world at 2:22 a.m. at 17.5 inches long weighing 5 lbs. 13 ozs. She was tiny but oh so precious!! We both loved her right away! True to what the nurses had told us Enrique got to hold her for a minute and I got to see her and they had to take her to the NICU to check her out. Enrique got to go with her there and our moms stayed with me while they finished getting me all taken care of. Emily's nurse came in after about 10 minutes or so to let me know that everything was going better than they expected and that she had the most beautiful eyelashes ever. I could not wait to get to hold her for myself.
Then, I got to hold her myself!!! It was love at first sight. I was so excited to get to meet the little one that I had just worked so hard to get here. At one point I told them I just couldn't do it, I am not sure what I thought was going to happen then. But my nurse, Kathy, told me to suck it up; I was the only one in the room that could do it and I had to be strong.

Enrique loves his little girl with all of his heart!! He loved getting to be with her and holding her. His first words to his littel angel were: "I promise to be the best Dad I can be." Then Enrique said that my first words to Emily were: "Hey sweet pea! I love you!" Good thing Enrique could remember what I said because I did not.
We had a good hospital stay. We had tons of visitors including some people from work. So, Emily arrived at 2:22 a.m. I did not get to my room until about 4:30 a.m. and then the nurses were in there trying to show me how to nurse and everything so needless to say Enrique and I did not get much sleep before we started making all our calls to everyone to let them know that our angel had arrived. I was so looking forward to the night for sleep and then the fire alarm went off - they get that off and decide that they need to make some VERY loud announcements over the PA system. We had just gotten Emily calmed down and asleep when the fire alarm went off, then she had just gotten calmed down from that when they made the announcement. I couldn't wait to get discharged from the hospital so that we could get some sleep. After the announcement they came and got Emily for some more test that had to be performed 24 hours after she was born so they came and got her at 2:30 a.m. and then shortly after they got Emily back to the room they came in for some tests for me. I was so excited Tuesday morning when Dr. Bartholomew came by and told me that we could go home.

Enrique immediately began getting Emily in her outfit to come home in. It was so cute to watch Daddy get his little girl ready to come home. Here she is all ready to come home.
Here is Emily all ready to come home, she looks lost in her car seat. We are so excited to be parents, I am not sure if we are really ready - but we will do our best!! We love you Emily Marie Trevino, don't ever forget that!! We have waited a long time for you to join us and we are so excited that you are finally here!

2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet blessing! So happy for your little family, and Emily couldn't have asked for better parents!

    I can't believe I still haven't met her! She'll have to show Brianna the ropes since she has about 2 1/2 months on her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just how I remember it! :) I'm glad you are finally adding stuff on here!

    ReplyDelete